Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A few of my favorite things....

For the winter CHA show, I made a card that used Spellbinders die, a Quietfire Designs stamp and Copic markers (airbrush) for a little shading. Above you see the card used on one of the banners for the Spellbinders booth and below the card a little closer up. I love the calligraphy stamps that Suzanne has on her website. I like to do "marker writing", but have always wanted to do calligraphy, so I am drawn to what I can not do! I know the key is to practice, practice, practice, but I have my hands in too many other things!! I also used one of Suzanne's stamps for one of my sunflower cards for the sneak peek on July 11th.

This card uses the following Spellbinders die: S3 146 Butterflies 2, S4 099 Sweet Garden Edgeabilities and S4 121 Doodle Parts. To airbrush the shadow of the butterfly, giving the look of movement, I used the negative of the diecut to mask the paper....moving the mask and airbrushing as I went. It is so easy to airbrush with Copic markers! You could also achieve this look with some ink on a Clearsnap sponge. I know some people have trouble finding Copic markers. I have linked the website above, but there are several online stores that sell them, Spellbinders sells them at the scrapbooking shows they attend, Hobby Lobby has a limited supply of them and most fine art stores carry them too.
My children are grown and married and live in different cities, but hopefully I achieved what the quote says....I think I did.
By the way, we heard from Barb that won the die I used in my sneak peek. She wrote..."Oh wow!!! Thank you so much! I am so excited about winning the Sunflower Garden Edgeability! I have been looking at all the new releases in the contest and they are all 'gorgeous'!!!! All of them are on my list to get! Thank you again so much!!!"
Barb Rose of Missouri
She also left a comment on yesterday's "rose" card. You can find that under comments.
Have a great day!


No comments: