Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Roses


My assignment this month from Spellbinders involves working with the rose edgeability. This is a card I had previously made using that die on watercolor paper and then painting the image and topping it off with metallic rubons (CrafT). I liked using watercolor paper as you can use a stylus to push the embossing out even further. I love to do watercolor, but everyone doesn't so I wanted to use another technique to show off this die. One of the girls on the design team, Michelle Klomp, came up with an idea that she named 'Reverse stenciling". One of the cool things about Spellbinders die is that you can cut, emboss and then use the die as a stencil. The die do not have release cushion on them, so there are openings in the die where the embossing happens. Michelle put ink on the actual die and then cut and emboss with it. I thought, now, anyone can do that! So that is what I tried on the new projects I am working on and it worked great. I will give a sneak peak later on how my "wedding ensemble" came out. Now that I found a great technique to use with the edgeability die, I might even tackle the nautical one!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That is just lovely Holly. I really like how the rose looks like it is going to come right off the paper. Beautiful.

Sharon

Linda Carson said...

Move over Hallmark...this is GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS!