Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fun things to do with Copics

Today I want to show you some things to do with your Copics that you might not think of doing. Above, I needed a couple of buttons for a felted bag I was making....solution, diecut shrink plastic and to color them, airbrushing with Copics!
Have a diecut you want to color...create a mask and do the diecut and the background too!
This is a little blurry, but this scene was created with torn paper and airbrush. Use a straight edge of paper to mask the horizon and a hole punched piece of post it note to create the sun. The brush tip was used to airbrush the sand look in the foreground. Glitter was added to the sun and reflections for the water.
I love doing diecuts with clear shrink plastic and then coloring it with alcohol based inks such as Copics....the leaves look like glass, don't they?
I have seen good reviews of Gina K's luxury cardstock and it's use with Copics for coloring, so I have ordered some and expect it any day. I want to try it out on my coloring samples to let you know what I think. On most paper, the ink bleeds through, so you have layer your artwork on another piece of cardstock or else you would see the ink bleed on the inside of your card. Maybe the paper will arrive today!
I finished up my butterfly bracelet last night and my fingers aren't quite as blue as they were. Planning on wearing my new blouse and jewelry Thursday night when I am meeting a couple of stamping buddies for dinner. I will let you know if they notice the jewelry (or the blue fingers....LOL). Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Norine said...

some really great projects
Hugs
Norine