Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gibbs Gardens in Autumn

 Gibbs Gardens is located in Ball Ground, GA in Cherokee County (north of Atlanta). It is home to the largest Japanese gardens and is beautiful all four seasons, but especially spring and fall! These photos were taken a week before the "peak" color is expected, but I don't think I could handle much more beauty than this! The maple to the left of the wedding gazebo is just breath taking!

 All the water just doubles the beauty, as you see it twice in the reflections!



 In the gardening section of the current Southern Living Magazine, Jim Gibbs gives tips on selecting plants and placement. I am not sure what the plant is below, but they were so pretty, giving much color and texture to the garden!











 Gibbs Gardens just opened last year, but has been years in the making. Landscaping expert and award winner, Jim Gibbs, has lived here since the 80's and has made it his dream to eventually open it up for others to share. I made sure that I bought a yearly pass so I could see it in all the seasons! The daffodil display is amazing in the spring!

 The manor overlooks the beginning of the Appalachian chain of mountains, the first being Mount Oglethorpe. Also in the view is Springer Mountain, where the Appalachian Trail begins.



I hope you enjoyed this look at autumn in Georgia at Gibbs Gardens. If you have the chance to visit, be sure not to miss it! I heard a lady comment yesterday, "Wow, I never dreamed it was this big!" There is a tram available for a small fee if you aren't up to walking.

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a beautiful place! I hope to visit there someday!

Jan Castle said...

Beyond STUNNING Holly.....God's creation at it's best!!!! These are all keepers and card making material for sure!!!
TFS and brightening my day!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Ida said...

Oh my stars what a stunning place. Thank you for sharing these fabulous and gorgeous photos.